GET THE BEST OF ERIC VAN ARO WITH HIS NEW ALBUM “FROM THE BEGINNING AND MORE”
by Andrew Braith
Thursday, 14 December 2017
Eric van Aro has just released a new album “From the beginning and more”. It can be seen as an anthology spanning the past 20 years of his recording career, or more commonly known as a ‘greatest hits’ or ‘best of’ compilation.
Eric’s decorated career as a musician reaches back over 4 decades. Well versed in multi genres, he carved his way and settled his identity primarily as a jazz vocalist.
“From The Beginning and more”, released by the ERAKI label, boasts 17 tracks of Eric’s best material; some of which are previously unreleased songs, and also an additional two new releases, never heard before.
Here’s a quick look at some of the stylistic versatile tracks:
- A touching folk ballad “Until It’s time For You To Go”- The first recording of Eric accompanying himself on the guitar.
- The swinging “Rhythm In My Nursery Rhymes”, with Caterina Valente on guitar and the late Silvio Francesco on clarinet.
- A jazzy influenced, “Put the Weight on My Shoulder”, with the soulful trumpet of Franco Ambrosetti
- A Latin jazz version of “the Christmas song” https://youtu.be/RQJfsHuCRFw with the dynamic Iguazu acoustic trio
- A rocking version of David Bowie’s “This Is Not America”.
- “From the Beginning”: https://youtu.be/1clRKObUfjA
Plus three, energy filled EDM remixes of Eric’s dance music hits. –
- “Evil Games” https://youtu.be/GyVr0_zuHeU
Eric recently commented about this album:
“I’m a lucky guy who gets to sing some really exquisite songs. Listening to them now proves me right and serving them was absolute pure joy. I must admit that to my ears today I do sound half as bad as I thought back then”.
Throughout the years Eric van Aro has seen a great response by top music critics, including the likes of Don Heckmann who said: “The combination of high quality vocalizing, stylistic versatility and stellar musical setting clearly identify Eric van Aro as one of the current music world’s most appealing male vocalists”.
About Eric van Aro:
Singer, songwriter and producer Eric van Aro is a highly notable European talent who has carved out quite a niche’ for himself in the jazz vocal genre and has experimented successfully with a deluge of other artistic and musical genres. With 5 solo albums under his belt, and 2 Albums with THE EGH PROJECT (both of whom made it to the top 10 worldwide EDM charts) Eric van Aro successfully continues to surprise audiences with consummate musical versatility.
The album is available on iTunes, Tidal, Amazon, Spotify, and all other major online music distribution portals worldwide.